Coming Fall 2024!
Class begins for Fall 2024. Contact us to learn more!
This is our Outdoor Preschool program (ages 4). For Outdoor Kindergarten (Grade K) go here.
Join Your Class!
Our highly-trained educators and guides lead daily adventures in the great outdoors. Children discover real skills while connecting with the natural world. Together in a team, Outdoor Preschool kids…
- Adventure outdoors with their class while playing together and learning real Outdoor Skills.
- Practice being self-directed and staying safe while building skills to care for themselves and nature.
- Learn to play and work together as a team, exploring nature with expert Trackers Guides.
- Connect with friends while learning to be thoughtful and Truly Helpful with each other.
Learn Trackers Skills
Trackers Outdoor Preschool is divided into three seasonal terms where children play and grow with the skills of our four Trackers Guild: Rangers, Wilders, Mariners, and Artisans. While each season features one specific Guild, we include experiences and activities from other Guilds as well.
Fall Term (9 weeks) features our Rangers Guild teaching outdoor skills of stealth, archery, and wilderness survival. We learn the ancient art of animal tracking, following the trails of bobcat, rabbit, red fox, and deer!
Winter Term (9 weeks) features our Artisans Guild teaching in the art studio, where we craft from nature using clay, leather, wood and more. We also embark on immersive adventures that teach about the natural world.
Spring Term (9 weeks) features our Wilders & Mariners Guilds teaching skills of earth and water. We dig in the garden, forage wild plants, and caretake the land. We also go fishing, catch crawdads and frogs, and cook over a campfire.
Find Your Potential
At Trackers Outdoor Preschool, we believe that time spent in nature is crucial for the healthy development of young minds and bodies. Our program is led by highly trained educators who are passionate about working with young children and dedicated to helping each student reach their full potential.
We are proud to offer this special opportunity to the children in our community and look forward to sharing the wonders of the natural world with you and your family. If you're interested in learning more about our program, please get in touch with us to join one of our Open Houses. We can't wait to show you all that we have to offer!
Explore the Program Schedule
Trackers Outdoor Preschool runs Fall through Spring. Outdoor Exploration Days are two days a week. Seasonal Gatherings are for the entire family, to celebrate and connect with the Trackers community.
Outdoor Exploration Days Tuesdays & Thursdays
9:30 am to 1:30 pm
During Outdoor Exploration Days our highly-trained educators guide children in small groups on daily adventures. Many days we board the Trackers Bus to journey to nearby parks and nature areas. During these adventures, children discover the secrets of the forest, build shelters, and tend to the garden. They are constantly learning and growing as they develop problem-solving skills, creativity, and self-reliance.
Seasonal Gatherings 5 total - Weekday evenings or Weekends during the day
Outdoor Preschool families can attend our community gatherings to find food, fun, and connection. These optional events are seasonal and include:
- Tracktoberfest Welcome the autumnal harvest with festivities, food, and music.
- Track-or-Treat Trick-or-treat on a fun and mysterious tracking trail through the Trackers Lodge.
- Holiday Party Herald the arrival of winter with food and friends at our Holiday Party.
- Garden Party Help plant our gardens for summer and fall in Sandy, Oregon.
- Graduation Wrap our year together with a community potluck and BBQ.
Trackers Outdoor Preschool offers one cohort on Tuesday/Thursday.
Fall Term September - November
Winter Term December - February
Spring Term March - May