In this class, students will:
- Begin to identify the most common mushroom species in our area, along with possible look-alikes
- Build an understanding of which habitats specific gourmet mushroom species prefer: Tree types, elevations, and more
- Learn and practice ethical and sustainable harvesting techniques
- Gain experience using identification keys in guidebooks for future independent learning
- And, of course, all students will receive parting instruction on cooking and preserving any gourmet treasures they might find.
Specialist Instructor: Jess Liotta
This class takes place at our private wilderness sanctuary—an exclusive location that allows us to engage in hands-on foraging activities.
Bull Run Education Center 41515 SE Thomas Rd, Sandy, OR 97055