Elementary grades build the foundations of learning. Students benefit from powerful hands-on activities and concrete experiences. They begin to develop a deeper understanding of the world around them. Our outdoor curriculum builds upon this enthusiasm by providing a diverse and profound educational environment. Now enrolling Elementary Grades 1 - 5 for the 2020-21 School Year.
Forest School Virtual Open House
When: June 2, 3:30pm - 4:30pm
Attend our Virtual Forest School Open House. Meet and talk with our teachers and Principal through video conference. Learn how our nature-first approach to education cultivates lifelong learning and resiliency.
Elementary grades develop:
- A deepening knowledge of local plants and their practical uses
- Ability to identify less common mammal tracks in our region
- Ability to identify common local birds by sight and sound
- The ability to work independently on a project for progressively longer periods of time
- Self-planning for longer-term or more complicated projects
- Increasing capacity in literacy and composition
- Growing ability and application in mathematics to age level and beyond
- Comfort, resiliency, and competency out of doors in all conditions