Trackers is Portland's leader for education and adventure in wilderness lore and skills. Our instructors are the best in the field, teaching curriculum developed and designed by top outdoor educators. Our homeschool programs provide in-depth mentoring for an open and collaborative structure of student directed learning.
When August 24, 2016, 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Where Trackers Earth, 4617 SE Milwaukie Ave
Learn more about Trackers fall and year-round programs. Bring the family, have fun with hands-on activities. Parents and kids meet Trackers instructors and coordinators while our staff answers any questions about financial aid and enrollment.
If your kid is imaginative, adventurous and loves the outdoors, there simply isn't a better camp experience.
Top 5 reasons to choose Homeschool Programs...
- 1) Real and compelling adventures
- At Trackers we mentor your child while they learn real and authentic skills. From bow making to blacksmithing, from wilderness survival to wild edible plants, our hands-on programs have no equal.
- 2) The best experience
- Trackers Earth is the original outdoor skills school of Portland. Our years of experience provides the highest caliber instruction and mentorship.
- 3) Strong team and social skills
- Our staff to student ratio allows for personal instruction. Counselor and kids become a strong learning team.
- 4) Respect
- We respect the competency of our students, believing children and teens are capable of so much more than our modern world asks of them. We raise the bar of personal accomplishment while gently guiding them to connect to the natural world and through our unique perspective on community building. We do more than simply teach about natural sciences and traditional life skills, we create a culture of learning and immersion in the out of doors.
- 5) Confidently the Best Staff.
- We enlist only the best for our camp team. Our instructors set a new standard for professional and personal experience. All Trackers camp staff go through a thorough background check and a lengthy interview process. They are expert instructors teaching authentic skills.
Bonus Voted the "Coolest Camp for Kids" by parents with Red Tricycle parents magazine and website.
- Ages 6-14 Homeschool Outdoors Adventure Program (HOAP)
- Every Monday (W Portland), Wednesday (SE Portland) or Thursday (SE Portland) - This program immerses your child or teen in the wilderness. Our Homeschool Outdoor Adventure Program features wilderness survival, homesteading, wild plants, animal tracking, outdoor adventure, artisan crafts, and more! Every week we visit a local wild-land. Join us for an outdoor immersion program that truly serves as a rite of passage for your child.
- Ages 4-5 Rovers Forest Days
- Every Wednesday or Thursday - We take nature preschool up a notch! Outdoor Adventure Kids offers real outdoor skills training and outdoor connection for young children. We may have our campers craft fish spears to hunt bullfrogs with, get their hands dirty planting a garden, and even learn to safely start campfires to stay warm by.
- Ages 5-17 Specialty Afternoon Programs
- Focus your skills in 1.5-hour sessions once a week. Blacksmith by the forge, craft your own traditional wood bow, train archery and hone other skills of wilderness and artisan crafts.
- Ages 4-17 Apprenticeships
- 9-months, 1-weekend a month - Experienced mentors guide Apprentices in outdoor lore. Studies with our Rangers Guild (bushcraft and wilderness survival), Wilders Guild (homesteading and folk craft), Mariners Guild (fishing and kayaking), Artisans Guild (blacksmithing), Rovers (outdoor skills for ages 4-5) and an apprenticeship program specifically for archery.