January 12, 2017 Due to weather in the Portland area, we are canceling Open Range, Open Forge, and Skills Club for this evening. Trackers Earth programs are open for the day but will close for the evening to give instructors time travel home.
See everyone January 19, 2017!
Wilderness Skills Club is a family-friendly program where all ages are welcome. This is your opportunity for consistent practice and support while learning the skills of Trackers Earth. Bring a personal project to work on or join our instructors as they learn a skill alongside you!
The Four Guilds
- Rangers Guild
- Forest craft and wilderness survival, tracking and the Curriculum of Shadows.
- Wilders Guild
- Folk craft and homesteading, wild plants and the Wilders Garden.
- Mariners Guild
- Knots, fishing, navigation, boat building and the Ecological Compass.
- Artisans Guild
- Artisan crafts, improvisation, community leadership, storytelling and myth making.
Our Open Archery Range is available for $5! Bring your own gear or rent ours for $5.
Every Thursday evening for Trackers Club we also fire up the blacksmith forge. If you have taken Blacksmithing Basics with us before this is your opportunity to get more practice on the forge with the oversight of our instructors. Because blacksmithing requires specialized instruction and materials the forge has a fee of $10. Reservations for the forge are not required but highly recommended. Due to limited class size we cannot guarantee spot without a reservation.(Our last Open Forage before summer will Thursday May 25, 2017)
- Important Note
- Our Blacksmithing Basics is required as a prerequisite.
All ages are welcome. Club events have an informal learning focus most useful for independent learners and adults. All children must be accompanied by an adult and parents are fully responsible for their children during the event.
- Every Thursday
- 6:30pm-8:30pm (with holiday & summer breaks)
- No Skills Club
- Weekdays of, or weekends preceding or following Veterans Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas (closed Dec 22, 2016), New Years (closed Dec 29, 2016 and Jan 5, 2017), Spring Break, Easter, Memorial Day, (Our last Skills club before summer will Thursday May 18, 2017) Summer Break
4617 SE Milwaukie Avenue,
Portland, OR 97202
General Admittance - Free
Archery Gear Rental - $5
Includes bow and 3 arrows
All ages, pay at the door
Blackmithing: Fuel & Material - $10
Contact us to reserve your spot
Ages 10–adult, pay at the door